April 16th, 2016. Both retail locations open from 10am - 6pm
It's time again for the most beautiful time of the year... Record Store Day! Every year we here at Third Man Records Vinyl & Electrical Concern do our best to keep our fans and the populace at-large on their toes with a bevy of surprise releases and a TMR compound-wide event that is always sure to dazzle and delight. Well folks, this year will be no exception. However, Record Store Day is about nothing if not RECORDS, so let start by talking about the wax you'll want to weigh down your record shelf this April 16th...
The White Stripes - Peel Sessions Double LP
At both our Nashville and Detroit locations as well as a record store near you, we present the first-ever official release of The White Stripes Peel Sessions on 2 stuffed-to-the-brim discs, one red, one white. Capturing Jack and Meg at the precipice of international renown in the hubbub of “White Blood Cells," their two live sessions with famed BBC DJ John Peel are arguably the best document of the White Stripes at that time. Having been widely bootlegged since their initial broadcast in 2001, these recordings are enjoying their first authorized release in celebration of their 15 year anniversary. The standard black vinyl version of this release will be available later this year.
Jack White - "You are the Sunshine of my Life" Limited Edition 7"
Again, only available at Third Man Nashville and Third Man Cass Corridor it's Jack White's version of Stevie Wonder's "You Are the Sunshine of my Life" on It's Not Easy Being Green Colored Vinyl™. This exclusive 7" single includes White's cover from his appearance on their show earlier this Spring with the legendary Muppets house band, The Electric Mayhem, on the a-side, plus the special TV rendition, featuring the rest of the Muppets singing along, as the b-side.
Kate Pierson - "Venus" b/w "Radio in Bed" Blue Series 7"
Available on black vinyl in fine record stores EVERYWHERE, the Kween Goddess from The B52's herself performing two Jack White-produced tracks as the latest edition in our stellar Blue Series. Check out the Brad Holland directed video for "Venus" right here, right now, and put this on your "must have" list for the high holiday of music lovers everywhere.
LOCATION DETAILS & PERFORMANCES:
***Patio Breakfast followed by Patio Grill Out in the afternoon with adult beverages and guest vendors hawking sweet treats.
***Corn Hole & Ping Pong Competitions
*** All-day punk serenade by Nashville's brightest up-and-comers!
***Early Evening Show: Man or Astro-man?
The aliens have returned to Earth after years of deep space hibernation. Always known as an unstoppably powerful live band, in 2010, the original lineup of Birdstuff, Coco and Star Crunch reformed to play a series of shows, and since then, they have been putting on some of the best performances of their career... Man or Astro-man? is here — and here with imminent purpose. Please join us in the Blue Room in Nashville on Record Store Day when one of the greatest and wildest bands since the dawn of time rock us like a space hurricane. $10 tickets available here for the 18+ up set.
***The Rolling Record Store in all her glory will be parked out front offering up all the merch you've come to expect (and you can't get anywhere else!)
***Hot dogs & cold drinks!
***DJ's and Bands and John Olson readings ALL DAY!
- 10am - Resident DJ's
- 12pm - Tommy Spaghetti & Coconut
- 1:30- Jenny Junior and Jackie Rainsticks /// A Jen David and Jeffery Thomas collaboration, pumping out experimental dub-wave, drum machine, pop loops.
- 2:30- Casual Sweetheart // Detroit Indie-rock at its best - clever, thought-provoking lyrics, happily distorted guitars, and slick bass lines. A boundary-pushing blend of psychedelic punk and avant-garde garage rock.
- 3:30- Birdcloud (backed by Liquor Store) /// Jasmin Kaset and Makenzie Green, a pair who met in a place called Murfreesboro, TN and who, since 2009, have used things like booze and sacrilege to make very modern, edgy country music.
- 4:30- Liquor Store /// To list this New Jersey band’s credentials is simply giving you a rundown of some of the finest acts of the past decade’s rock underground – Home Blitz, VCR, Livefastdie, Terrible Twos, Titus Andronicus. LS may very well be the only REAL rock'n'roll band in existence today, or at least the only one with enough balls and attitude to be as true to the form as they are.
- 5:15- DJ Jordan Bronk till close
Stand by for additional announcements including exclusive merchandise and we might have an out-of-this-world surprise for you too... who knows? See you April 16th!