Light In the Attic’s This Record Belongs To__________ is the antidote to your standard kids’ compilations. You won’t find boy bands, princesses, or purple dinosaurs here. Instead, we have Carole King, Jerry Garcia, Harry Nilsson, The Pointer Sisters, Donovan–and Kermit The Frog.
This record, compiled and sequenced by DJ and friend with the most trustworthy set of ears Zach Cowie, is dear to our hearts here at Third Man, as this collection of songs (previously passed around as a gift between friends) was the soundtrack of the first year or life for many TMR offspring. These kiddos now all have undeniably excellent taste in tunes. Trust us. The record is accompanied by an original, full-color storybook (in which five forest pals discover the beauty of vinyl records) with illustrations by acclaimed artist Jess Rotter.
Inspired by the classic Little Golden Books Series and Sesame Street’s In Harmony albums, This Record Belongs To ______ stems from a love of music, reading, and a passion for teaching future generations the interactive experience of holding an album in your hands, putting needle to groove, and immersing yourself in the pages of a record’s sleeve as the music plays.
How can you fully introduce your children to the magic of vinyl records without letting them interact with the record player a bit themselves? Third Man Records realizes your high end turntable might not be kid-friendly, so we are co-releasing a portable, suitcase record player just for the smalls!
The new Third Man Records Children’s Turntable is made by Jensen, is compact and portable, and features images of Manny, the Third Man mascot. The three-speed turntable with built-in speakers has a USB port for converting vinyl records to digital, an automatic return tone arm, and is as lightweight as a portable turntable can be. Included with the turntable is a Manny t-shirt and sticker.
This Record Belongs To __________ and the Third Man Records Children’s Turntable, sold as a bundle, are available for pre-order today and in stores on November 6th.
- Original, full-color storybook with illustrations by Jess Rotter
- LP is split by mood and time of day: Side A: Daytime Dancin’; Side B: Mellow Bedtime
- Featuring songs compiled & sequenced by Zach Cowie from our friends Woody Guthrie, Nina Simone, Kermit The Frog, Carole King, and more
- 0 For ages 0-infinity!
- Color vinyl editions:
200 on “Gender Neutral / We’re Waiting To Find Out” color wax (LITA Vinyl Subscriber exclusive)
200 on “Gender Equality” split color wax (LITA.net pre-orders exclusive, limit 2 per customer)
- Subscribers and Pre-orders come with a die-cut sticker pack of your favorite characters from the storybook!
- Belt drive 3-speed turntable (33/45/78 RPM)
- USB port with cable for converting records to digital
- Auxiliary input jack with cable for connecting your iPod, MP3 player or other digital audio player (to use the record player as a speaker)
- RCA line-out jacks
- Fully automatic return tone arms
- 45 RPM adapter
- Built in speakers
- 4.33” x 15” x 12.6”
- 1. Shel Silverstein - Invitation
- 2. Van Dyke Parks - Occapella
- 3. Carole King - One Was Johnny
- 4. Harry Nilsson - The Town
- 5. Harry Nilsson - Me And My Arow
- 6. The Pointer Sisters - Pinball Number Count
- 7. Woody Guthrie - Dance Around
- 8. Jerry Garcia & David Grisman - Jenny Jenkins
- 9. Roger Miller - Oo-De-Lally
- 10. Bobby Bare - Daddy What If
- 11. Ella Jenkins - Pretty Trees Around The World
- 12. Nina Simone - You Can Sing A Rainbow
- 13. Vashti Bunyan - Diamond Day
- 14. Donovan - The Mandolin Man And His Secret
- 15. Miss Abrams & The Strawberry Point 4th Grade Class - Running In The Garden
- 16. Kermit The Frog - Rainbow Connection