Join us at Third Man Records HQ in Nashville or at our Cass Corridor Detroit location this Saturday morning, July 30th, to watch the launch of the first record played in space, all while celebrating our 7th Anniversary! If you can't make it, we hope you'll watch the launch from home at thirdmanrecords.com, beginning at 11CT/12EST.
If you CAN join us, we hope you'll consider purchasing a STELLAR TICKET.
- Each $75 Stellar Ticket (on sale NOW!) gets you:
- Each exclusive merch item: Poster ($25 value), Button ($2 value), Sticker ($2 value), Postcard ($2 value)
- Exclusive GOLD VINYL version of Carl Sagan's "A Glorious Dawn" single on 12" ($30 value) without waiting in line
- Icarus lapel pin ($7 value)— available ONLY to Stellar Ticket holders
- No lines & air conditioning all day
- NASHVILLE — Admission to the launch party in the Blue Room (10am) featuring Soledad Brothers(!!!) and DJ Space Is The Place.
- DETROIT — complimentary drink ticket plus guaranteed all-day access to the VIP viewing area (11am) featuring Preoccupations and DJ Ghostropolis w/live in-store sets in the afternoon by Carjack and Rogue Satellites.
Merchandise items AND gold vinyl record included with STELLAR TICKET
In Nashville, those wanting to attend the launch party/Soledad Brothers performance, but don't want a merchandise bundle, can purchase a standalone ticket for $15 here. In addition to our patio viewing area and bar (open at 9:30AM), Nashville will have the gold-plated record from the space launch itself on display, plus a representative from SATINS launch team, as well as Symphony of Science's "Cosmos" composer John Boswell on hand to discuss the project. Bang Candy has also concocted cosmic confections in celebration of the event.
In Detroit, the ICARUS CRAFT itself, plus its creator Kevin Carrico, will be on hand to answer questions and take photos, and the store will be open for anyone to sneak a peek at the launch and listen to bands while shopping.
Both Nashville & Detroit storefronts will open at regular hours (10am local time) for customers to take advantage of our 30% off Anniversary Sale, which will also be valid in the online store (discount taken at check out).
In both locations, customers not wanting to purchase a Stellar Ticket can purchase merchandise a la carte via regular check-out, though all should be advised that lines could be quite long, so prepare for hot temperatures and hydrate accordingly. A la carte exclusive record launch merchandise and limited records WILL NOT be on sale until the completion of the attempted mission. ICARUS t-shirts, however, which are not limited, will be available all day.
The Blue Room in Nashville will be open to the public for continued merriment after the mission with an in-store later that afternoon at 4:30 with Craig Brown, and the additional bands listed above will continue the party in Detroit.