We are chompin' at the bit for April 19th - Record Store Day - and, since we only told you some of our plans last week, we figured another update was in order!
Beyond tracking the progress of Jack White's World's Fastest Record (read more about that here) and getting your hands on a randomly colored reissue Whirlwind Heat's Do Rabbits Wonder?, we will have some great new merch available for sale: Fantastic new, made-in-Nashville record crates for carrying your bounty home, a new 45 box, World's Fastest Record buttons, new Jack White T-shirt and poster, Whirlwind Heat T-shirt and poster, and new sweets from Bang Candy Company. We also have a fantastic new pop-up postcard for sale…
For those of you without Ultra Tickets, fear not, there will be plenty for your ears and eyes and mouths to feast upon! The back patio will be open from 7am to 5pm, and local young punks Jawws and Waxed will perform live from the Rolling Record Store starting at noon. We will have coffee, mimosas, bloody mary's and bagels in the morning to ease you into the day, as well as complementary slices of Two Boots' new creation, Third Man Pizza (!!!), and our favorite beer from Yazoo Brewery in the afternoon.
That's not all... hot dogs and hamburgers will be available from the Third Man grill pit, Las Paletas will be there to cool you down with their Mexican popsicles, and Bang Candy will roll up with their Coco Van to serve you up all the marshmallows you can eat! Fluffy bunny, anyone? It's Easter, after all...
Of course, we can't tell you everything about the day's plans (surely you know us well enough by now...), but hopefully we have made the point loud and clear that Record Store Day 2014 is a PARTY, and you're invited.
Here's a little schedule cheat sheet to help you plan your day:
- 7am - breakfast on patio
- 10am - (Jack White records fastest studio-to-store single followed by a possible short set in the Blue Room - ULTRA TICKET HOLDERS ONLY)
- Store and Rolling Record Store open and begin selling Whirlwind Heat reissue, new merchandise
- 12pm - Waxed followed by Jawws from the Rolling Record Store
- Pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, libations!
- 2pm - (Whirlwind Heat performs in the Blue Room - ULTRA TICKET HOLDERS ONLY)
- TBD (early afternoon) Hot off the presses, the World's Fastest Record is delivered from URP and will be sold from a separate line in front of the yellow garage door.
- 6pm - Close
*** Please note that parking will be somewhat limited this year. Please do not park at the Mission. Find street parking and carpool if possible. We will provide you with more details about additional parking options in the coming days, so stay tuned for more information. ***