Third Man Records prides itself on creating an environment where just about anything and everything can be done in-house. Its musicians make music, its sound engineers record, its graphic designers design, its web developers code, its office staff plans, its shipping department ships, its marketers market. We are a family that works hand in hand to ensure that every idea is brought to life, every record is spun, and every package that bears our logo is a product of Third Man blood, sweat, and tears.
Graphic Designer - Nashville, TN (Full-time)
Seeking not-your-average graphic designer for a position within a collaborative department of creatives. Ideal candidates should have more ideas than hours in the day, above-average communication skills, be deadline-oriented and organized with subversive tendencies, a sensitive inspiration trigger, and ample experience and knowledge of production and pre-press processes.
3-5 years of relevant work experience required, Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Arts preferred.
This position requires the ability to efficiently and proficiently use the Adobe Creative Suite. Additionally, a good understanding of page layout, printing procedures, typography, color schemes, and a general artistic/creative background and demonstrable attention to detail are all very important for this position.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, and a link to digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retail Associate - Nashville, TN (Part-time)
Seeking an enthusiastic, high-energy individual with retail experience for a part-time position in our Nashville storefront. The ideal candidate will be energetic, passionate about music, broad-minded, and friendly, with above-average communication skills.
Candidates who will be seriously considered MUST genuinely enjoy meeting and conversing with new people from all walks of life and should exhibit patience and goodwill towards fellow human beings. Bilingual is a plus as we see many visitors from around the world! Special skills or unique interests? We like them! Include them in your cover letter.
Submit your resume and a cover letter summarizing why you think you'd be an inspired choice to email@example.com.
Accountant - Nashville, TN (Full-time)
Seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented accounting professional to coordinate accounts receivable on behalf of Third Man enterprises. Ideal candidates should be efficient, resourceful, and motivated to use their left brain to complement our decidedly right-brained operations. Those with accounting degrees and/or experience, great intuition, and a love of music are encouraged to apply.
- Create and send invoices on behalf of 5 unique business entities
- Import bulk sales reports from major distributors and third-party sales platforms
- Capture and allocate costs to the project code, generate project reports, and prepare statements
- Record sales/revenue, costs at the component level, and expense accruals for record releases and projects
- Facilitate payroll
- Liaise with benefits providers
- Review contracts, clarify issues, summarize key points, and communicate to all affected to ensure compliance with the contract’s terms and accurate accounting
- Provide support for the audits of assigned joint venture financial statements with external auditors, including audits by venture partners’ auditors.
- Manage outstanding payments and collections
- Record transactions across multiple sources
- Maintain updated billing information for sales accounts
- Collaborate on budget creation with A&R and marketing teams
- Provide regular, comprehensive reporting
- Experience with some or all of our invoicing platforms (including but not limited to Xero, Quickbooks, Converge, Sage, and PayPal)
- Excellent computer and spreadsheet literacy
- Excellent report comprehension
- Enthusiasm for managing large amounts of data and proven ability to consolidate and streamline various data sources
- Ability to work independently and research/strategize solutions
- Highly organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and resourceful
- Above-average communication skills
- Ability to dispatch thoughtful, thorough, error-free deliverables in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- 3+ years relevant experience
To apply, submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to submit a resume for us to have on file at either Third Man Records location, please include a cover letter and send to email@example.com. Let us know in the subject line at which office and in which department you are seeking a position.
Please note that we cannot guarantee we will be able to return all messages.